What is AS/NZS 2890.1:2004?
AS/NZS 2890.1:2004 is in an Australian/New Zealand Standard that sets out minimum requirements for the design and layout of off-street car parking.
What are some of the requirements of AS/NZS 2890.1:2004?
The following general requirements are discussed within AS/NZS 2890.1:2004:
- classification of off-street car parking facilities
- design of parking modules, circulation roadways and ramps
- access facilities to off-street parking areas and queuing areas
- other considerations such as pedestrian service, signposting, pavement markings, landscaping
- additional requirements for car parking structures such as column spacing, headroom, garages.
(note: some components of AS/NZS 2890.1:2004 may not be accepted in the state of Victoria, see Clause 52.06)
Where do I find AS/NZS 2890.1:2004?
AS/NZS 2890.1:2004 can be purchased online from SAI Global at the following link:
How do I use AS/NZS 2890.1:2004?
The content within AS/NZS 2890.1:2004 can be quite comprehensive. Therefore advice should be sought from a professional consultant such as a Traffic Engineer during an early stage of the design process.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please feel free to contact Andrew Zivanovic from Zav Traffic by telephone on 9853 6624 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.